Saturday, October 25, 2008

Chateau d'Ori

Since I stay in India and am a wine enthusiast, naturally I am following the exciting wine market in India very closely. There are hundreds of wine makers appearing in the market but unfortunately very few good ones. But I have a strange feeling that in roughly 10 years, India will dominate the lower end wines in the world. Whether that happens or not is something which dosen't concern.
I have truly started enjoying Indian wines

One of the most impressive wines that I have recently tasted is Chateau d'Ori Merlot. I have a bottle with me right now and after I complete blogging for the day, I am going to go and get some nice food and drink it with this lovely wine

I find this wine less fruity actually than typical Merlots. But it is soft and has an warm aroma.

The taste of the wine really came bursting through when I had it with very soft bread and slices of Austrian mozarella cheese. I can't get over that incredible feeling!

Chateau d'Ori have a very impressive website too!
http://www.chateaudori.com/

I haven't tried their Cabernet Syrah yet. I am told it's very expensive. But neverthless for a wine enthusiast, that is secondary!.

I don't believe at this stage that pairing this wine with spicy Indian food is going to go necessarily well. But I am going to try. An nice egg curry, bread and a glass of Chateau d'Ori Merlot! Way to go!

Closing the blog for the day

No comments: