Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Diwali special meal + 'Underberg'

Had a wonderful and a very typical Maharashtrian dinner yesterday
Batata bhaji (Potato vegetable), bharli wangi (Stuffed eggplant), Kakdi koshimbir (Cucumber salad), Suralichi wadi (Wafer thin rolls made up of gram flour), Basundi (sweet thickened Milk with lots of fat and mixed with dryfruits), masale bhat (Rice with lots of spices), mattha (Buttermilk flavoured with coriander, ginger), Papads etc

Some of the readers will need to excuse me for my English description. Its just meant to be a quick summary.

After such a heavy meal, I was feeling stuffed and decided to take few sips of that wonderful natural digestif 'Underberg'. This digestif is made up from close to 50 different plant extracts from equal number of countries. It has a strong anise flavour. I haven't figured out whether digestif helps! But I like the drink. Few sips over ice and you feel good! I bought couple of boxes of 'Underberg' when waiting on Istanbul aiport to catch my return flight back to Mumbai

Here is a link to the Underberg company website
http://www.underberg.de/index/en/flash/Intro-Flash.html

No comments: