Tuesday, October 28, 2008

'Rioja' wines

'Rioja' that very name brings back images of Spain.

I visted Spain, Portugal and Morocco in Yr 2005. I would describe the tour details some other time.

But the first time I heard the name 'Rioja' was actually much later. 'Rioja' is region in Spain where the world famous Spanish wines made from Tempranillo grape come from.

Recently when waiting on Istanbul airport, I came across a counter selling Bodegas Faustino VII red wine from the Rioja region with a DOC label (similar to French AOC)

I was supposed to carry back the bottle but opened it and had a sip of the wine

It was absolutely amazing. Incredibly smooth...sublime feeling...
I have become a fan of 'Rioja' since then! Hard to find this wine in Pune.
But I am always on the lookout. If anyone of you can come across this thing of beauty, please get back to me!

I hope this explains the reason behind my profile name (Rioja) and also my blog

No comments: