Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Foccacia at Cafe Brio in 'Crosswords' and fruit cocktail at 'Madhuban'

I happened to go to 'Crosswords' bookstore at Sohrab hall along with a friend.

'Crosswords' was my favourite bookstore till 'Landmark' opened their shop in Pune

The Crosswords bookstore has a nice cafe inside the store called "Cafe Brio".
In my opinion, it's on the expensive side for the portions they serve.

I was feeling very hungry and ordered an oven roasted herbed Foccacia costing Rs 90.
This came with green/red peppers roasted in olive oil. The oven warmed Foccacia tasted absolutely wonderful. Infact the whole combination was excellent. I liberally also used the mustard paste they provided. Loved it

After that I did some shopping at Pune central and walked around Dhole Patil road. Had a fruit cocktail at 'Madhuban'. It is very good and actually very filling!. (contains juice of papaya, apple, grapes etc. Unique combination)

No comments: